Larsen & Toubro was awarded the contract (LOA) for the K2 elevated section earlier this month Chennai Metro Phase 2 47 km Line-5 which will connect Madhavaram-Sholinganallur through 48 stations.
L&T was the sole bidder for the package CP-10-EV-03 And C5-ECV-02 When the technical bids were opened in mid-July, it was readily apparent that they would be the lowest bidders when the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) proceeded for technical bid evaluation. financial bid opening phase in september
- CP-10-EV-03: 10.2 km CMBT – Venugopal Nagar with 1 underground and 11 elevated stations
- C5-ECV-02: 12.431 km CMBT – Pujuthivakkam with 12 elevated stations
If anyone has a copy of the LOA join me here And I can add them to the post.
This package includes 1 underground and 11 elevated stations at the northern end of Line 5. It has 2 separate sections on either side of the Underground package UG6 (Kolathur – Nathamnuni). Which L&T was again the sole bidder, The two sections and other infrastructure include:
- CMBT to Nathamuni Ramp – 5 stations at CMBT, Kaliamman Koil Street Junction, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Thirumangalam and Anna Nagar Depot
- Retteri Ramp to Venugopal Nagar – 7 stations at Retteri Junction, Shastri Nagar, MMBT, Velmurugan Nagar, Manjambakkam, Assisi Nagar & Venugopal Nagar (underground)
- 1.5 km from depot-line to line 3 and 5 of Madhavaram depot (wion.)
- Cut and cover section between Assisi Nagar ramp and Venugopal Nagar (length not disclosed)
- L&T’s bid, Rupee. 1620 crore
- final contract price: Rupee. 1590 crores
- Period: 36 months
- time limit: November 2024
short range: Construction approx. Assisi Nagar to CMBT 10.2 kms Elevated Viaduct, Elevated Ramp & 11 Elevated Stations (Except underground section from Retry Ramp to Nathamuni Ramp) and Cut & Cover Section, Depot Approach Approx. 1.5 km and Venugopal Nagar Underground Station, with verification of design suitability for construction, including architectural finishes, plumbing works, signage and all associated works in Corridor 5.
The viaduct and 12 sections of this elevated section are exactly in the middle of Line-5. It consists of 2 segmented sections on either side of the double-decker package C4-ECV-01 (Power House – Porur), which Awarded to Larsen & Toubro in May 2021.
This package includes two sections and other infrastructure:
- CMBT to Alvarthiru Nagar (approx 3.2 km) with 3 stations at Grain Market, Sai Nagar Bus Stop and Elango Nagar Bus Stop
- Porur Junction to Puzhuthivakkam (approx 9 kms) with 9 stations at Mugalivakkam, DLF IT SEZ, Satya Nagar, CTC, Butt Road, Alandur, Adambakkam, Vanuvampet and Pujuthivakkam
- Integrated grade divider (flyover) from Mugalivakkam to MIOT hospital (approximately 2.5 km double decker viaduct for vehicles and metro trains, such as local vadapalani Or the one who open in Nagpur at the end of last year).
- Vanuvampet. in underpass
- L&T’s bid, Rupee. 1655.15 crore
- final contract price: Rupee. 1656 crore
- Period: 36 months
- time limit: November 2024
short range: Construction of elevated viaduct of approx. Between CMBT Metro Station (Except Station) and Pujuthivakkam Metro Station ((Ch: 16178 m to 19296 m, Ch: 22962 m to 30199 m, Ch: 31178 m to 31241 m and Ch: 31657 m to 33710 m)) 12.431 km length which includes construction of special spans and 12 no. Grain Market, Sai Nagar Bus Stop, Elango Nagar Bus Stop, Mugalivakkam, DLF IT SEZ, Sathya Nagar, CTC, BUTT Road, Elevated Stations at Alandur, Adamabakkam, Vanuvampet and Pujuthivakkam and Integrated Highway Grade Separator from Mugalivakkam to MIOT Hospital, Vehicle Vanuvampet Underpass in and all allied works in Corridor-5 of Chennai Metro Rail Project- Phase-2
with these 2 more Recent Contracts to HCC-KEC JVCMRL has now provided 4 out of 5 citizen packages dedicated to Line-5. Here is a list from north to south:
|Package CP10-EV-03 – 10.2 km viaduct, 11 elevated stations and 1 underground station between CMBT and Venugopal Nagar||L&T Receives Award in November (This Post!)|
|Package UG6 – 5.8 km underground section with 5 stations from Kolathur and Nathamuni||L&T is the lowest bidder|
|Package C5-ECV-02 – 12.431 km elevated section from CMBT to Alvarthiru Nagar and Porur Junction to Pujuthivakkam with 12 stations||L&T Receives Award in November (This Post!)|
|Rows 4 and 5: Package C4-ECV-01 – 7.955 km elevated section with 9 stations from Power House to Porur Junction||Larsen & Toubro honored in May 2021|
|Package C5-ECV-03 – 11.61 km elevated section with 11 stations from Pujuthivakkam to Sholinganallur||HCC-KEC awarded in November 2021|
Basic groundwork related to site preparation and utility relocation can be expected to begin in early 2022. List of all Phase 2 Citizen Packages and their status can be seen here,