Dakshineswar metro station which is also the northern terminal station of the Kolkata Metro Line 1. Thi station has an adjoining platforms with that of the Dakshineswar railway station through which it can be easily connected with railway services. It was in december 2017 that the metro line to the Dakshineswar station was observed to start services by May 2019.In February 2019 it was again observed that the metro line to Dakshineswar station would be starting services by February 2020.Trial runs on the extension line which is of about 4 km, began in December 2020. According to some railway sources they are planning to operate trains every 5 mins between Noapara and Dakshineswar.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the station on 22 February 2021.
G Street level Exit/Entrance
L1 Mezzanine floor Ticketing systems, station agent, Metro Card vending machines, crossover
L2 The platforms lay on each sides and doors on this station opens on the left a Disabled access is also present.
Northbound → Terminus.
Dakshineswar Metro Station Details
Location: At Dakshineswar in Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Coordinates: 22.653971oN – 88.363724oE
Ownership: Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation
Platforms: This Metro Station has side platform
Connections: Dakshineswar Railway Station
Structure Type: Elevated
Platform Levels: 2 levels of Platform
Parking: Parking is available
Disabled Access: Handicap Passenger are accepted in this station.
Fare zone: North-South Fare zone
Opened: The Dakshineswar Metro Station was opened on 22 February, 2021
Electrified: 750 V
Dakshineswar Metro was located in Dakshineswar in North Suburban of the Kolkata on Sitaramdas Omkarnath Sarani(PWD Road) and Ramakrishna Paramhansa Dev Road Crossing. This metro station is situated about 300 meters away towards East from Bhabatarini Kali Temple.
Connections of Dakshineswar Metro Station
Rail: Dakshineswar Metro Station is connected directly with Dakshineswar Railway Station which is goes on Culcutta chord line.
Ferry: The station is situated nearby River Ganga. So, this station is also connected to Maa Bhabatarini Jetty Ghat. The distance between the station and ferry ghat is about 350 meters. Some other ferry routes are also connected with the Dakshineswar Metro Station.These routes are Uttarpara, Belur Math, Bagbazar, Howrah, Shipping Corporation Ghat & Chandpal Ghat.
Timing and Traffic
Dakshineswar metro station is one end of line 1 the following stations can be connected through here…
Transit Towards, Kavi Subhash in exact order:
- Dum Dum,
- Shobhabazar Sutanuti,
- Girish Park,
- MG Road,
- Chandni Chowk,
- Park Street,
- Rabindra Sadan,
- Netaji Bhavan,
- Jatin Das Park,
- Rabindra Sarobar,
- Mahanayak Uttam Kumar,
- Masteda Surya Sen,
- Kavi Nazrul,
- Shahid Khudiram,
- Kavi Subhash (New Garia)
Dakshineswar Metro Station Fare Chart
MAHATMA GANDHI RD
Jatin Das Park
Mahanayak Uttam Kumar
Masterda Surya Sen
Dakshineswar Metro Station Time Table
|DAYS||FIRST TRSIN||LAST TRAIN|
|DAYS||FIRST TRSIN||LAST TRAIN|
Rules For Smart Token
· Kolkata metro tokens are meant for single journey. Return journey is not allowed on these tokens.
- The Tokens are captured at every exit gate on completion of journey.
- If a Token is lost it cannot be replaced by any means.
Rules For Smart Card
· A first time passenger/user will have to obtain smart card by paying a amount of Rs.100/200/300/500 and 1000 which (includes Security Deposit of Rs. 60/- also) and then will have to recharge to get the pass value for any amount ranging from Rs 100 to 1000, a max. card balance of Rs.5000/- is allowed. Following which a flat 10% bonus is received on issuance of new smart card and on further recharge of smart card. Validity of smart card is 1 year from the date of purchase or date of “ value added ”.
- Passenger is only allowed to enter through the entry gate when a minimum balance of Rs.25/- is available on the card which is also the maximum chargeable fare.
- If a passenger tries to take exit on a card without proper recorded entry in it, then is not deemed to be travelling without ticket, also Such a mismatch is punished by a fine of Rs.25/- from the passenger’s smart card.
- In case a passenger does not show their smart card at the exit gate and makes an improper exit, the card is locked from further usage. Deduction of fine of Rs.25/- is done from the card when the same is shown for the next visit and the smart card is unlocked by the ticketing system.
- A lost card is not replaceable under any circumstances.
Permissible carrying capacity of a baggage is up to 10kgs in weight and should not be bulky in nature.
- Every passenger while travelling in Metro Railway allowed to carry only small items of personal baggage, for e.g. Tiffin, small hand bag or suit case in addition to a umbrella or walking sticks which is required for personal use and are not likely to cause an accident or obstruction or inconvenience to any other passengers.
ARTICLES NOT PERMITTED AS ACCOMPANIED BAGGAGE
No passenger shall take with him –
- Any king of offensive articles, such as a wet skin, hides, dead poultry and gore etc.
- Dangerous articles, such as- explosives of any kind fire works, also inflammable materials such as oil, grease, ghee, paint, dry grass and leaves of various kinds of, waste papers, acidic substance or concentrated acids and corrosive substances; or a Dead body.
OFFENCE AND PENALTIES:
- If any passenger commits offence of caring offensive goods or explosives or dangerous goods in violation of Rule 4 will hold them self liable for punishment under section 8 of the Metro Railway operation and Maintenance, Temporary Provisions Act of 1985.
- Any offence shall be punishable against sub-rule with fine that may extend up to Rs 500/- for caring any offensive goods and/or an imprisonment which may extend up to 4 years and also a fine which may extend up to Rs 5000 for carrying any dangerous goods. The offender shall be deemed responsible for any loss, injury or damages caused due to reason of such goods having been brought upon the Metro.
All the Details are provided above about Shyambazar Metro are Upto date on 2021 . All Data are taken from Kolkata metro official website. If you have any Query about the Above data feel free to contact us or you can also left a comment below comment section.
You May Also read :