Mumbai, India (Urban Transport News): The 151st Authority Meeting of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) was held on November 16, 2021 to discuss the progress of Mumbai’s urban and public transport infrastructure. The meeting was held virtually and was attended by Eknath Shinde, Minister, Urban Development Department, Maharashtra and Chairman MMRDA and SVR Srinivas, IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA.
Various major infrastructure projects of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) were approved in this meeting. some of them are:
- Approval has been given for the construction of Kalyan Bypass Road (Part 3)-Mothagaon Bridge to Govindwadi Bypass.
- MMRDA will manage the bidding process for the appointment of a consultant as well as a contractor to prepare the DPR for the flyover connecting Nariman Point to Colaba/Cuffe Parade.
- Approval has been given for the construction of elevated road between Anand Nagar to Saket (6.30 km) on Eastern Express Highway.
- The use of plots in G-Block of Bandra-Kura Complex, 4 commercial, 3 residential and 2 social facilities, have been approved for allotment through e-tendering.
- Construction of Metro Car Depot at Maujhe Kasheli in place of Kongo MIDC for Metro Line 5 (Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan).
- Establishment of new development centers in MMR area on partnership basis with land collectors.
- Concreteization of Main Road, Slip Road from Mahim Junction to Dahisar Check Naka on Western Express Highway.
- Cancellation of the proposed Metro Car Depot for Metro Line 7 on Airport Authority of India land at Dahisar and making partial changes in the design of Metro Line 9 for construction of Metro Car Depot at Rai Murdhe for Metro Lines 7, 7A and 9. For.
- Final approval was given to the recently commissioned report on the Comprehensive Transport Study (CTS-2) update (2021-41) for the Thane Traffic Impact Study as well as the MMR.
- Approval has been given to make both the lines of road 23.55 km total from Sion Junction to Golden Dies Junction, Majiwada, Thane on Eastern Express Highway.
- Approx Rs. Rs.1316.18 crore sanctioned for Balkam to Gaymukh, Thane Coastal Road. A 2807mt long FOB (foot-over-bridge) was also approved under Package 1, 2 and 3 for Metro Line 7.
- The concept, engineering, procurement and construction of Hon’ble was also discussed in the meeting. Balasaheb Thackeray National Memorial in the premises of Mumbai Mayor’s residence.
It was also proposed to the Government of Maharashtra to appoint MMRDA as a special planning authority to develop 8 developable areas in MMR.
At the conclusion of the meeting, Eknath Shinde, The Guardian Minister said, “All these projects are a step towards further developing MMR. The bypass will help in faster movement of traffic and decongest Thane’s internal roads.